Unless this is done, you may need to spend a lot of money for untimely swimming pool repairs. You can ask any company of swimming pool builders to guide you on the best methods of taking proper care of your swimming pool.
On the other hand, you can follow a standard guide for swimming pool maintenance that covers all of the technical and non-technical aspects. You can also buy the best swimming pool covers online.
Here are some of the things that you need to take care of when it comes to swimming pool maintenance.
- One of the first things that you should take care of is the chlorine levels of the water. This should never go under 1 ppm, or algae and germs will start contaminating the pool. Ideally, the levels of chlorine should be maintained between 1 ppm and 3 ppm. Make sure that you check the levels every day.
- The next thing that you need to check out for is the pH balance of your swimming pool. Ideally, this should be maintained between 7.2-7.6. If the pH levels go above 7.8, it can give rise to a scale buildup/.
- You will also need to regularly check the alkalinity levels and the calcium levels of your swimming pool water. The calcium levels affect the hardness and alkalinity of the water directly affects pH balance of the water.
- You will also need to keep the skimmer basket clean at all times. Check and clean this basket once per week. If you are using the pool quite frequently, you may need to do this more than once every week.
- Run the filers for around 6-8 hours every day during summer months and 2-4 hours during the winter months.
- Make sure to backwash the filter for getting rid of all the debris and dirt that have accumulated in it.