Vitiligo, a rare condition that causes skin depigmentation, is quite unusual. The characteristic feature of Vitiligo is the presence of white patches on the skin. This skin condition affects about 3 percent of the population worldwide. It is not known what causes it and there is no cure.
People with vitiligo have managed their condition through various changes in their lifestyle and other natural treatments. Some of these have proved to be very useful to get themselves "re-pigmented". You can also find the best vitiligo therapy online.
Image Source: Google
Here are some of them:
1. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin A and B, zinc, copper, and magnesium is known to help in vitiligo prevention. Some say it helps prevent the white patches from spreading all over the body.
2. Avoid mental stress and strain. These are believed, let me stress on the word believed, to be the primary reasons for vitiligo, as well as other health conditions.
3. Eat more whole grains. Whole-grain foods such as oats, rice, pasta, and bread are recommended to vitiligo patients as they are rich in vitamins, fibers, and minerals which can give them energy during treatments.
4. Use sunscreen every day. Vitiligo patches tend to burn quite easily so it is very important to protect them from the harmful rays of the sun. Always wear sunscreen every day, regardless of the weather.
5. Use self-tanners and cosmetics to add color to your skin safely.